As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Enterprise Analytics - Big Data Platform Engineer (6 months)
Requisition ID: 195098
Work Area: Information Technology
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Graduate
Employment Type: Limited Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Within the BI&AS organization, the Enterprise Analytics team assumes SAP-wide ownership for management reporting/planning and in this context drives SAP’s Business Intelligence strategy, promotes the actual usage of BI solutions in tight collaboration with the business BI-, development- and IT teams. The Enterprise Analytics team is an execution-focused organization collaboratively working cross functions to ensure the adoption of best practices and enabling a scalable, world class analytics foundation fully leveraging technology innovations to provide global transparency out of one single source of truth reporting system. In addition, the Enterprise Analytics function delivers pre-defined services with a clear customer focus on the best leverage of economies of scale.
By enabling best in class reporting processes relying on one unified BI model with pre-defined standards, the team fosters a culture of fact-based decision making and effectively drives the transformation towards managing analytics as an enterprise-wide asset according to SAP’s strategy and key business priorities. The position is a unique opportunity to combine and develop a wide range of skills to build innovative solutions, leveraging latest technologies in the area of Analytics, Data warehousing, big data processing and integration, and predictive / machine learning solutions.
The main objective will be to contribute to design and implementation of corporate platforms capabilities and guide lines, to enable efficient end to end big data and data science projects, at large scale and at lowest possible TCO.
This includes providing a perfect working environment for Data Scientists, implementing sustainable data integration and processing capabilities suitable for analytics & predictive scenarios with any type (structured to unstructured) / any size of data, and implementing frameworks to handle at scale the Company Machine Learning and Advanced Data Analytics Artifacts (predictive models, etc)
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
The tasks will include
• Develop constructive collaboration with all big data and data science stakeholders (e.g. Developers / Data Engineers, Data Scientists) to understand requirements and pain points, and provide sustainable and re-usable solutions
• Setup and configure architecture for scalable Batch (e.g. HIVE, SPARK SQL, PySpark) and Streaming processing (e.g. KAFKA, Spark Streaming, SAP Data Hub) data processing on Cloud Platform providers
• Evaluate and implement, in a sustainable and compliant way, the latest technologies suitable for big data and data science solutions enablement
• Leverage latest technologies like Kubernetes and Docker to deploy cost efficient and scalable data pipeline and Machine Learning pipeline
• Contribute to implementation of corporate big data platforms on Cloud Platform providers to ensure release of latest technologies, without disrupting productive solutions
• Articulate detailed and unambiguous concept and procedures to ensure error free provisioning and configuration of platform services for ingestion, processing and consumption of all types of data in the Cloud and On-Premise, to suit big data and data science end to end solutions
• Partner with product support to solve problems and identify opportunities for platform enhancements
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Good understanding of data science project cycles
• Good understanding of data processing and data modeling:
- Data modeling, SQL, procedure in database/data warehouse (e.g. SAP HANA, BW on HANA) and in Hadoop (e.g. Spark, HIVE)
- ETL, ELT, batch and data streaming (e.g. Python, Spark SQL, Spark Streaming, PySpark, )
• Good knowledge on deployment of Hadoop core services (HDFS, Oozie, Kafka…) and SPARK
• Good knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker
• Problem solving mindset
• Experience of working in dynamic international and cross functional environment
• Ability to work under pressure and to cope with deadlines
• Good presentation and communication skills, and proven capabilities to write unambiguous concept and procedures (e.g. authorization concept, access request and provisioning procedures, HDI Cluster setup and configuration procedures)
• Fluent in English (written and verbal)
• Knowledge of Cloud Platforms like Azure and SCP
• Knowledge of UNIX / LINUX
• Knowledge of Python is a big benefit
• Knowledge of Python, R, JAVA, SCALA
• Knowledge of SAP Data Management Suite (HANA, SAP DATA HUB / VORA)
• Agile Development methodologies (Continuous Integration)
Hands on experience in the setup of big data environment (Hadoop, Spark) and solutions based on Kubernetes and Docker Comfortable with working in international team
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
• Exciting career progression, a diverse work environment providing growth opportunities, learning & development possibilities, and an international business network for you to leverage.
• Various and interesting work in brand new fancy offices directly at metro Nove Butovice
• We believe every employee is a talent and we want to reach your full potential
• Interesting non-working activities (volunteering, charity, sport events...)
• Opportunities for professional growth
Flexible start/end of working hours, sick days, meal tickets/ catering allowance, educational courses, training, cafeteria, contribution to sport/culture/ leisure. We are creating our future together by moving to the brand new and ultra-modern Metronom office building directly above the Nove Butovice metro station. The location encompasses SAP's vision for the perfect work-life balance by featuring uniquely decorated relaxation rooms, free gym & fitness studio, parents' and kids' room, and many more exciting amenities.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Information about the vacancy
Bucharova 2817/11, 158 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Duration of employment
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
SAP Services, s.r.o.
ContactSAP Services, s.r.o.
Metronom Business Center, Bucharova 2817/11
158 00 Praha