As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Collections Specialist (English + French/German) @ SAP Ariba
Requisition ID: 201941
Work Area: Finance
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Do you want to work for a company that is changing the nature of business by transforming business connections into smart cloud-based collaboration? We do this by delivering an unsurpassed experience to our customers, buyer and sellers, and we are looking for a team member to help take customer experience on the Ariba Network to the next level. Global commerce today requires much more than scanning or faxing key documents such as purchase orders, invoices, and payment remittance. For better commerce, you must establish realtime electronic collaboration with your entire supply base on a global level, so you can dramatically compress the invoice and payment processing cycle, comply with contracts and regulations, achieve working capital breakthroughs that lower supply chain risk, and more. But few organizations can effectively target and onboard thousands of global suppliers. Ariba has this expertise, with outsource-service capabilities and self-service tools to automate the enablement process for any supplier anywhere in the world. We can help you match your vendors to existing Ariba Network suppliers and onboard new suppliers, or provide tools for you to manage the process on your own.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The purpose of this role within the Collection / Billing team is based mainly on phone and email communication with customers from all over the world and therefore every collector should know at least 2-3 languages. Sometimes interaction and communication with other team members or internal teams is needed. Every collector works on his own portfolio to check the reason of the overdue invoices and to push for the payment. The employee must have negotiation and sales skills so that he/she can explain the value and benefits of the product. He must be able to handle the objections or to guide the customer through the account that he can explain to the supplier why he is required to pay an invoice. Some customers might complain about incorrect charges therefore the collector must be able to identify the root cause. Mathematics Knowledge & Skills (conceptual understanding of numbers, their relationships, combinations, and operations) are required for the recalculation of the fees in the excel sheet. Every collector must know how to read the accounting program and understand the internal billing system because he needs to cooperate with the cash application team so that the payment is correctly uploaded and reflected in the different systems. There are as well Service request cases to be handled therefore technical and analytical skills are needed in order to break down problems into their component and work on a solution. Some collectors apply the credits on the supplier invoices and handle big consolidated accounts or they can deal with the buyers as well. The aim is to facilitate the smooth collection and get the payment for the overdue invoices.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Proactively call customers in the given portfolio to ensure timely payment
• Perform self-reliant monitoring and collection of receivables and ask for correction of any discrepancies and be responsible for his own duties
• Manage open items incl. overdue receivables in a timely manner
• Investigate billing discrepancies and respond to internal / external queries
• Update the internal Collection system with the latest comments
• Recalculation and adjustment of the fees, credits, internal system disputes of documents
• Sell the benefits of the product and listen actively to the customers’ needs
• Being organized and keep track of information (e.g., "to-do" lists, appointment calendars, follow-up file systems)
• Collaboration with team members on the specific projects or requests
• Finance / Accounting and Collections knowledge & active interaction with the customers
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Excellent “Customer Focus” approach, professionalism
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, in at least 2 foreign languages
• Negotiation skills - encouraging or persuading others per the terms of a financial transaction or agreement
• Active listening, assertiveness, empathy
• Demonstration of a strong commitment to providing internal and external customers with quality and courteous financial service in a timely manner.
• Critical Thinking - The ability to identify an issue, dilemma or problem
• Analytical Thinking - looking for underlying causes or thinking through the consequence of difference courses of action.
• Technical skills - ability to understand and use on a daily basis different financial systems and platforms
• Intermediate level of Excel usage
• Mathematics Knowledge
• Accounting knowledge
• Ability to accurately manage a high-volume workload
• Strong attention to detail and organization of the daily tasks
• Willingness to learn and improve
• Team player contribution
• Knowledge of SAP FI module (preferable)
• Ability to work on international teams in an open space environment
• High level of accuracy in writing and speaking English and fluency in French or German language is a must have
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Information about the vacancy
Bucharova 2817/11, 158 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Duration of employment
German (intermediate), French (intermediate), English (intermediate)
SAP Services, s.r.o.
ContactSAP Services, s.r.o.