As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
(Junior) Developer in Finance Development Job
Requisition ID: 207570
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
S/4HANA Finance is an important piece of SAP’s flagship product and lies at the core of our vision of the Intelligent Enterprise, which brings together machine and human intelligence across all business functions to deliver value to our customers. S/4HANA Finance is built, in the first place, as a cloud product with quarterly release cycles and is also shipped as an On-Premise version once every year.
Line of Business (LoB) Finance is a global development organization responsible for delivering this next-generation Finance solution and works closely together with partners and customers to enable superior future-proof business models and finance processes.
We will build up a completely new team including all roles in our location SAP Labs Czech Republic in Brno, which will strongly collaborate with the other Finance teams around the globe, particularly with colleagues in Walldorf, Germany. The team will contribute to the development of financial accounting as well as financial consolidation topics in the ABAP backend of S/4HANA platform and UI5 frontend.
Line of Business Finance is responsible to fulfill SAP’s simplification story by SAP S/4HANA in the cloud and on premise. This next-generation set of financial accounting solutions is based on a simplified and renewed Financials technology stack that leverages the full potential of the SAP HANA platform. We are set up globally with teams in Walldorf, Potsdam, Shanghai, Palo Alto and Brno. Accounting is the backbone of S/4HANA and our vision is to become the world’s most innovative accounting solution in the cloud.
Within LoB Finance the Group Reporting unit is developing a solution used by large corporations around the world to generate consolidated financial results and to publish group related information to the stock market, management and investors. Our teams are based in Paris, Shanghai, Ratingen, and Walldorf. The Group Reporting solution comprises application parts residing within S/4HANA as well as components built on SAP Cloud Platform. Currently we’re seeking a senior developer to further strengthen one of our Brno scrum teams working in the S/4HANA Cloud environment.
Within our teams, we practice an agile and customer-oriented development approach. High customer orientation and focus on providing value to our clients is the main guiding principle for all development activities.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
You will contribute, as a Developer for Accounting and Consolidation, to the growing S/4HANA Cloud solutions on backend as well as frontend part. Your tasks will include:
• Take over responsibility for design, implementation, test / test automation and maintenance of specific product features.
• Refactor existing application parts to fulfill today’s automation and architecture standards.
• Develop prototypes for customer co-innovations or as proof-of-concept for technical decisions.
• Analyze and resolve issues occurring in tests or customer projects.
• Work closely with your product owner, architect and development teams in other locations.
• Build expertise in selected areas of the application and share knowledge within the team.
• You apply agile software development principles.
To deliver first class results, you handle your tasks with enthusiasm and personal commitment. You have the ambition of building future-proof products and using state of the art technologies.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor degree or above in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related disciplines.
• Good software development/programming skills in at least one common programming language, ABAP as well as HANA, CDS and UI5 experience is welcome.
• High commitment to quality, reliability and a self-motivating style of working.
• Very good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Interest for financial business processes.
• Good team player with a strong ability to network and with drive for tangible results.
• Willingness and ability to learn new subjects quickly.
• Fluent in English (spoken and written).
• Experience with agile software engineering and test automation.
• Domain knowledge in financial reporting, accounting or consolidation.
• Experience with SAP financial solutions.
• Ideally 2+ years of relevant programming experience but we are looking as well for candidates who have graduated and seek a career in software development.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Information about the vacancy
Duration of employment
SAP Services, s.r.o.
ContactSAP Services, s.r.o.