As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Local Tax Manager - Concur EMEA Job
Requisition ID: 214859
Work Area: Finance
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As the leading technology company for digital businesses, SAP serves nearly 300,000 customers in 190 countries. 80 million users make SAP the largest enterprise cloud company in the world, along with business networks that transact nearly $1 trillion annually. The Global Finance Shared Services organization (GFSS) is a business unit with 1,200+ employees delivering end-to-end finance operations from a set of vibrant and multicultural locations around the globe: Buenos Aires, Dublin, Manila, Prague and Singapore.
Our highly engaged teams specialize in Order to Invoice, Cash Collections, Procure to Pay, Travel & Expense and Record to Report. Additionally, at GFSS, you will find: a highly skilled workforce collaborating across the globe on common topics, engaged colleagues creating value by simplifying and optimizing operations and one motivated global team working together towards shared goals.
Also, at GFSS, you will find: exciting career opportunities, a diverse work environment providing opportunities to grow, development & learning opportunities and an international business network for you learn and grow from.
Within GFSS, SAP employees have an opportunity to handle end-to-end high-quality finance services to SAP customers throughout the Globe.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Reporting to the Regional Tax Manager EMEA, the Local Tax Manager Concur EMEA will be part of the EMEA Tax Team and as such responsible for the coordination and execution of tax matters of the Concur entities in Europe. He/She will be primarily responsible for the following areas of taxation, including:
• Tax compliance (e.g. direct, indirect tax, withholding tax)
• Tax accounting
• Deal Support
• Transfer pricing
• Tax audit and tax litigation
for the respective companies in Europe. He/she will independently deal with tax related topics and ensure tax compliance for each specific legal entity in the respective countries.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
• Ensure that legal entities meet full internal and external tax compliance requirements in close collaboration with external advisors.
• Manage relationship to external advisors and independent auditors, coordinating and managing tax matters handled by such external advisors in the field of (i) tax compliance e.g. corporate income tax (CIT) and value-added tax (VAT) including monthly/quarterly/annually returns, (ii) tax accounting, (iii) transfer pricing, (iv) tax audit and tax litigation.
• Prepare WHT returns and reports and manage/monitor the WHT process including obtaining of required certificates.
• Preparation and exchange of data and other relevant information to external advisors (e.g. General Ledger, VAT reports, data on permanent / timing differences, info on payments for WHT, etc.).
• Initiate and monitor respective tax postings (CIT, VAT, WHT, etc.) and tax payments.
• Ensure in cooperation with external advisor appropriate tax accounting according to IFRS for subsidiaries under responsibility.
• Provide tax support for the legal entity/entities of your responsibility on strategic tax issues and tax audits in cooperation with an external service provider where applicable.
• Communicates and negotiates with government authorities relating to tax matters in respect to the relevant subsidiaries.
• Manages tax audits for the legal entities of responsibility in cooperation with an external service provider where applicable.
• Ensure compliance with group wide Transfer Pricing Policy in cooperation with the external service provider where applicable. Support the transfer pricing documentation and prepare the tax-relevant transfer pricing reports incl. extracting and analyzing tax relevant data.
• Execute and ensure proper implementation of tax law changes (e.g. CIT, VAT, etc.) incl. the coordination with IT and GFSS
• Ensure a high level of “customer” satisfaction and building good business relations with key stakeholder (e.g. Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Global Finance Shared Services (GFSS), Corporate Financial Reporting (CFR), Local Chief Accountant Organization (LCA). other internal service providers or global functions and external service providers.
• Support mergers or liquidation of legal entities following acquisition with M&A Tax Team and/or external advisors.
• Independent and pro-active management of internal projects (incl. implementation).
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/WORK EXPERIENCE
• Basic Education in Tax, Finance or Accounting. A CPA, qualified Tax Advisor or similar certification with focus on taxation is favorable.
• Very good knowledge of SAP-ERP System.
• Willingness to develop further on international tax issues (direct taxes, value-added tax, customs duties, withholding taxes, transfer pricing, mergers & acquisition, organizational restructuring, effective tax rate management).
• Willingness to get an understanding of tax accounting according to IFRS.
min. 2 years or more working experience in the industry in a tax or other related finance department, in tax consulting firm and/or other tax or accounting function.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Prior detailed tax knowledge or experience is not necessarily required however a willingness to gain or develop further is absolutely required.
• Fluent in English.
• Strong pro-active project management skills as well as innovative “solution seeker” rather than a “problem definer.
• Ability to work independently and under time pressure.
• Ability to work in an international environment, working with colleagues abroad in virtual teams.
• Ability to anticipate and manage change.
• Team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Good knowledge of SAP-ERP System.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Exciting career progression, a diverse work environment providing growth opportunities, learning & development possibilities, and an international business network for you to leverage.
Various and interesting work in brand new fancy offices directly at metro Nove Butovice
We believe every employee is a talent and we want to reach your full potential
Interesting non-working activities (volunteering, charity, sport events...)
Opportunities for professional growth in Financial field
Yearly bonuses, sick days paid and sick leaves fully refunded, flexible start/end of working hours, contributions to the pension/life insurance, meal tickets/ catering allowance, holidays 5 weeks, educational courses, training, cafeteria, contribution to sport/culture/ leisure, sick day, generous shares program, etc. We are creating our future together by moving to the brand new and ultra-modern Metronom office building directly above the Nove Butovice metro station. The location encompasses SAP's vision for the perfect work-life balance by featuring a cinema, uniquely decorated relaxation rooms, free gym & fitness studio, parents' and kids' room, and many more exciting amenities.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Information about the vacancy
Bucharova 2817/11, 158 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Duration of employment
Secondary education or professional training with a school-leaving exam
SAP Services, s.r.o.
ContactSAP Services, s.r.o.