As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Project Expert - Support Job
Requisition ID: 215371
Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Management
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES - EMEA PMO
We, the SAP Ariba EMEA Services Team in the EMEA Customer Value Organization, expand and strengthen our organization in project management.
The clear goal is to improve the project management practice in EMEA for all SAP Ariba Services. To achieve this goal, we are building a Project management Office, which will address the following objectives: improve quality of project delivery, avoid or proactively manage escalations, improve visibility of Top accounts, standardize project management tools and methodology to be used by all projects (Ariba and partner led implementations), train and coach Ariba EMEA project managers.
We are looking for a Project (Senior) Consultant / PMO Customer Experience to work on supporting the EMEA PMO on defining and achieving the KPIs related to the above goals.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
• Financial Planning and Reporting – Tracking on project financial data and budget requests. Train and support project manager on the use of the Activate budget tracker.
• Project Infrastructure Management – Create Project operational procedures, implementing tools and standard documents aligned with SAP Activate. Provide support and monitor adoption.
• Project Organization and Staffing – Before the PM is engaged, the PMO will manage the communication with internal stakeholders and potentially with the customer.
• Project Plan and Schedule – Maintain and enhance standard project plans.
• Monitor project schedules and anticipate time risks.
• Scope Control and Change Management – The PMO audits and monitors a formal • Change Request Process and approves project baselines.
• Risk Management – Monitor and identifying potential risks, assessing total exposure and monitoring action plans. .
• Cost/Schedule Performance Management – Monitor team progress to plan, and summarizes and communicates accomplishments.
• Deliverables and Documents Management - Monitor project deliverable tracker.
• Collect and maintain processes metrics and lessons learned.
• Governance and Escalation Management – Monitor and validate Governance model. Ensure project charter has been agreed with the customer. Provide tools to • Leadership team for escalation management.
• Communication Management - Maintain and enhance SAP Activate communication plan. Monitor project communication plans.
• Quality Management – QM processes are established at the PMO level utilizing specialized Quality Management resources. Individual project reviews are conducted by the PMO.
• Acceptance Management – All deliverables are controlled through the PMO as well as the preparation and tracking of the resulting invoices.
• Managing Project Closure – The PMO monitors the close-down of individual projects continues until all projects are completed and closed.
• The PMO Expert is charged with project management, customer focused delivery and Ariba solution expertise. The PMO Expert is responsible for supporting the achievement of PMO objectives and KPIs.
• As a member of the SAP Ariba EMEA PMO Team, the PMO Expert serves as PMO expert on setting the PMO foundations and establishing a PMO in EMEA for all Ariba Services.
• He/or she is responsible for improving the project management practice in EMEA by defining a training plan, coaching, supporting and training the EMEA Ariba project managers.
• The PMO Expert is responsible of enforcing SAP Activate methodology and tools across all Services teams, supporting the PMs on its understanding and correct use.
• She/or he is responsible of delivering a quality assurance role on the top accounts identified by the EMEA Leadership team.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Experience & Language Requirements
• 5 – 8 years of project management experience in large scale, high risk, or strategic projects.
• 3 – 5 years of supervisory or coaching experience in teambuilding and leading teams.
• Demonstrated experience leading cross functional teams within a formalized methodology.
• Demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining project deliverables such as, project charter, project management plan, status reports, project timesheets, communications plan, budget and schedule.
• Demonstrated experience in managing issues, scope and quality while bring projects to successful completion within the cost and time requirements.
Management and Leadership Experience
• Management experience in managing teams
• Management experience of medium to large size and multilayered teams is desirable
• Management of remote resources (global delivery or distributed organization)
• Cultural awareness and experience working across different cultures and nationalities
• Strong leadership and people management skills are desirable
Leading in matrix organization and without formal authority a plus
• Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
• Experience with Ariba solutions preferred.
• Experience with Activate Methodology.
• Demonstrated Project Management skills/experience or PMI preferred.
English: Fluent Education
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or technical discipline or equivalent experience. Master’s degree, MBA, or equivalent experience is desired.
• Master’s degree, preferably in commerce, engineering, information technologies or MBA an asset.
Professional Training & Certification
• PMP certification and /or other industry and project management certifications
• SAP Solution Manager certification for Project Managers (web assessment)
• MS Project Orange Belt Certification
• Relevant certifications can be found on the Portal
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Information about the vacancy
Bucharova 2817/11, 158 00 Praha-Stodůlky, Czech Republic
Duration of employment
SAP Services, s.r.o.
ContactSAP Services, s.r.o.